- The Right to Vote Website is brought to you by RIGHT TO VOTE LIMITED (“us”, “we” or “our”). Our registered office address is 81a Endell Street, London, England, WC2H 9DX.
- We want to provide you with an excellent user experience when you use the Website. If you have any questions or queries about the Website or these Terms we would be delighted to help. Please contact us by using the details at the end of these Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website as they include important information about your rights and obligations.
2. Acceptance of our terms
By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms you must not use the Website.
3. Our right to amend these terms
- We reserve the right to change, modify, add to, or delete portions of these Terms at any time including to reflect changes affecting the Website, our technology, relevant laws and/or regulatory requirements.
- If we do change these Terms, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate the effective date at the bottom. We may also communicate changes to you by email where reasonably possible.
- Your continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) the Terms as amended, please do not use the Website.
4. Your access and use of the Website
- We may suspend or withdraw the Website. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website without notice.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and comply with them.
- You must not:
- interfere with, or disrupt, the Website or any servers or networks connected to the Website, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of the Website is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device;
- access the Website via a means not authorised in writing in advance by us, including but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies);
- attempt to restrict another user of the Website from using or enjoying the Website and you must not encourage or facilitate the breach of these Terms by others;
- use the Website for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; or
- change, modify, adapt or alter the Website or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with the Website or with us.
5. Availability of the Website
- You acknowledge that the Website is provided “AS IS” and we cannot guarantee that the Website will:
- stay the same (as we might change the Website or remove it altogether);
- be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
- be available all the time or at any specific time;
- be accurate, reliable or up-to-date; or
- be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly (e.g. use your own virus protection software).
- You also acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the performance or security of the Website. In particular, we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to the Website to the fullest extent permissible by law.
6. Your privacy and cookies
7. Content available through the Website
- Restriction on use – You must not:
- use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content from the Website except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that expressly permits such activity;
- use the content for any illegal or unauthorised purpose;
- use, reproduce, modify, edit, mix or remix, apply any voiceover or commentary, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit the content in any way for your commercial gain. ‘Commercial gain’ may include any activity attracting any advertising revenue or subscription payments on distribution of or access to our content, or by reducing the need for any third party to subscribe to view our content directly; or
- use content in any way that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in any manner that will violate the privacy, publicity or personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful material including without limitation using Website or any content in connection or association with any obscene, defamatory, illegal, pornographic material or in relation to products and services that relate to firearms, gambling, pharmaceuticals, pornography or tobacco or otherwise than in accordance with normal standards of decency.
- Modification. You acknowledge that we may add, remove or otherwise modify content at any time without notice.
- Non-reliance. Content made available through the Website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to meet your particular requirements. Commentary and other materials posted through Website are not intended to amount to advice, recommendation or endorsement on which reliance should be placed.
8. Intellectual property in the Website and the Content
- The design of the Website, the content and all software contained within the Website are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws, and we are the owner or the licensee. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and download extracts, of any page of the Website for your personal use and may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content on the Website. You must not modify the content or use if out of context.
- You must always acknowledge our status (or that of any contributors) as the authors.
- You must not use any content from the Website (or any part of it) for commercial purposes without our permission except as otherwise permitted in these Terms.
- Further, you must not:
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice or other proprietary notice contained in the Website and/or content; or
- use any content in any manner that may infringe any of our rights or the rights of a third party.
9. Linking to our website
- We will permit you to link to the home page of the Website provided you comply with the following:
- you only do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not take advantage of or damage our reputation;
- you do not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by us where none exists; and
- you do not link to any other page of the Website other than the home page.
- We reserve our right to withdraw our permission to link in section 9.1 at any time without notice.
- You may not frame or embed any page or part of a page of the Website or the content on any third party website without our prior written consent.
10. If you breach these terms
- If you do not follow, or we suspect you are not following, these Terms then we may take any/all of the following actions:
- issue a warning to you;
- ban you, either temporarily or permanently, from accessing the Website;
- take legal action against you; and/or
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- The responses described above at section 10.1 are not limited and we may take any other actions we reasonably deem appropriate.
- In particular, if you misuse the Website by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious material, by attempting to gain unauthorised access, or by attacking the Website via denial-of-service attacks, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we will report any such breach to law enforcement authorities, including disclosing your identity to them.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT SETS OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU:
We are not responsible for Third Party Content
- The Website may contain content uploaded by other users or third parties (“Third Party Content”). We do not control such Third Party Content that are made available on the Website. Further the views and advice contained in any Third Party Content are those of the relevant third party and not us. Accordingly we do not take any responsibility for any views or advice contained in such Third Party Content. If you wish to complaint about Third Party Content please contact us using the details at the end of these Terms.
Our responsibility to you for loss and damage
Whether you are an individual consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (or that of our employees, agents or contractors), or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not be excluded by law.
- We are not responsible for anything which is due to circumstances genuinely outside of our control.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- We only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
12. Links to third party websites
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you understand that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites. We recommend you review those websites’ terms and conditions and privacy policies to ensure you are happy to use them. We make no representations about any other websites and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such a website.
13. Governing law
- These Terms and the use of the Website generally and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you are a consumer, and resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland, you can also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland or Scotland respectively.
14. Contact Us
- If you have any suggestions for improvements or additions that you would like to see on the Website, please:
- send an email to us firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- tweet us at https://twitter.com/ RightToVote_UK; or
- facebook us at https://www.facebook.com/righttovote.uk/
- Should you have a more formal enquiry or complaint about the Website (including any content), you should contact our customer services team at email@example.com and we will try to answer your enquiry or resolve any complaint as soon as possible.
Last updated: March 2019